Hey Y'all,
Sorry about not posting in a while. I was sick for a few days so I didn't get a chance to write anything up.
Today I want to talk about a very special knife in my collection. My uncle had this one special made for me before he passed. It is a skinning knife with a wooden handle and Damascus blade.
The Damascus blade is made by taking two different kinds of metals, such as steel and nickel, and melting them together. They are then folded and melted multiple times until the blacksmith gets the look like you see above. The end result is always different and always beautiful. I have used this knife a few times when I went duck hunting and it is razor sharp and works perfectly.
I went to visit my uncle the year before he passed. He was doing better, able to actually walk around and talk to us like he used to. He told me about a knife maker that he knew that did excellent work. He reached into the end table he was sitting next to and pulled out this knife. He began telling me about how the maker had went about creating this blade. He then told me that this one had been special made, for me. I couldn't believe it. I was so excited to have a knife that no one else would. I thanked him over and over and left that day with a one of a kind gift from a one of a kind person. I have carried this knife with me multiple times but the day I found out my uncle died, it went into my table. It stays there now, where people can see it and admire its beauty. I will never forget where this one came from. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed seeing this knife.
Let me know if you have a knife or cigar that you want reviewed and I will do my best. Take care and smoke on.
-Chief
No comments:
Post a Comment