Looks kind of weird right? The doctor would place the end
with the point onto the wound that needed bled, then hit it with a small hammer. All of the bad blood would then leave the the injury.
This is another blade that I received from my Uncle. It is not what people think of when I say I have a medical tool in my knife collection. The crazy thing about it is, when it is closed, it looks completely innocent.
It is small enough to be in a medical bag or pocket and hardly even noticed. There really is no telling how much blood this has seen; however, hopefully this knife was able to save a few lives instead of taking them. I love to show this tool to people and see their reaction when I tell them what it was used for. Most people think it is just a novelty or something different. No one really thinks about it being used to help people.
Now thankfully we don't really do this anymore, and if we do I don't know about it. This is still sharp even after all these years. Just thinking about sitting there and having this placed on say, your knee, and then someone hitting it with a hammer. Sounds terrible.
I know this post was kind of short and next time I will do my best to make it longer. If you have any suggestions on cigars that need to be reviewed or knifes that interest you, please let me know and I will try to get that done. Thank you for reading. Take care and smoke on.
-Chief
No comments:
Post a Comment