Hello all who might possibly be reading this.
I am here to write about two of my favorite things. Knives and Cigars. Now you might be thinking to yourself, that is a weird combo, and you are right. Knives aren't something you think about when you think of smoking a cigar. Usually, what pops into a person's head when they hear cigar is a room filled with smoke. Now for the more experienced smokers, you might think of the hundreds of different types of cigars, the flavors that are associated with them, the cutters, lighters and all of the wonderful aspects of cigars. Some of you might even think of the times when, in a pinch, you have used a knife to cut the cap of that cigar you want to smoke.
In this blog I want to talk about different knives that have caught my eye and do a little review of some cigars and talk about them as much as I can. Now I am by no means an expert and if you read a review that I have done, please don't think it is written in stone. What I have come to learn is that everyone's tastes are different. Opinions exist and they are ever present in the world of cigars. I honestly love to write, always have, and I am wanting to share my passion for cigars and knives with others who might share that feeling. So please, feel free to comment on something you read. Tell me I was wrong in a review or that you disagree. I am hoping to share what little I know and that others will share what they know as well.
This is going to be my intro post. I will tell you a little about me and what you should expect from this blog.
First I have been smoking cigars for a little over a year now. I started out with Swisher Sweets that my Dad bought in a hurry the day my son was born. I had no idea the world of cigars is as massive as it is. For a while I stuck to the Swishers, not wanting to branch out past my comfort zone. Then one day, I decided to dive in. I bought a humidor and a sampler from a website and started trying as many different cigars as I could. I eventually bought a couple more humidors and try to keep them stocked as much as I can. Cigars are an expensive hobby. I finally found a nice place to socialize and talk cigars with other cigar nuts. That place is the friendly subreddit of /r/cigars. This site has taught me everything I know about cigars and because of them I have been able to try some cigars that I never thought I would see. I am now the proud owner of what is known as a Winedor and three desktop humidors. As much as I know and have learned, I still consider myself a newbie and have so much more to learn.
Second, the knives. Ohhh the knives. Since I was about eight years old I have been fascinated by knives. My Great Uncle, who passed away last year taught me everything I know about knives. He had a collection that would make knife collectors drool. I would go to visit him about twice a year, I lived twelve hours away from him, and everytime he would show me different knives and tell me their backstory. Everytime I saw him, he would give me one of those knives. In this blog I will be talking about and posting a picture or two of one of those knives. You can expect mainly older knives, ranging from the civil war to WWII. Knives are something I know a little about and love talking about.
So what can you really expect from this blog? Well, basically, a bunch of rambling about different knives and cigars. I will do my best to keep it interesting and make it worth your time. I hope you come with me on this journey and again feel free to comment. I am known as Chief on /r/cigars so that is what I will go by here. Thank you for reading and I will post again soon. Take care.
-Chief
No comments:
Post a Comment