Knives and Cigars

Knives and Cigars

Click Here to Separate Between Cigar Reviews and Knife Discussions

Sunday, January 11, 2015

My First Cigar Hangout

Today was a first for me when it comes to cigars. I have been talking to a guy on reddit about meeting at a cigar lounge near where I live. He was down visiting family and wanted to spend some time at a local lounge. I agreed to meet him and it was settled. The day came and I made the drive up to the lounge. Now for someone who, growing up, had social anxiety and doesn't like to be around people much less people he doesn't know, this was nerveracking. I have never liked meeting new people, but this was different, this was cigars.

I made it to the lounge, Las Cruces Cigar Company, and walked inside. This shop was great. They had plush leather arm chairs with ash trays between them. The lounge area was covered in cigar memorabilia. The walk in humidor had a very nice selection and great prices. The gentleman working there was extremely helpful and seemed genuinely happy when I said I was going to stay and smoke there. He offered me a seat and a free bottle of water and I got to smoking. I picked out a Nica Rustica and fired it up. Fantastic cigar. We all sat around talking for hours, not caring about the outside world. After an hour or so I realized, I wasn't nervous anymore. I was calm and acting like I knew these guys for years. It was weird, but great at the same time.

The man I went to meet up with was talking to me and right after I had sat down to smoke he pulls out a ziplock bag. He had brought cigars for me just because he wanted to. I was shocked. The quality of the cigars in this bag is astonishing. We kept talking and swaping stories back and forth. The company was terrific. After my friend finished his smoke, his uncle and him left for the night. After that, it was me, the shop worker, and one other customer. We continued to smoke and talk well into the evening, filling the air with every puff. Discussions were had, disagreements were made. My first time at a cigar lounge was a success. I plan on getting more involved with the social aspect of cigars as I continue to grow in this hobby. I urge every cigar smoker out there to do the same. If you have never went out and sat down at lounge with a good smoke and friendly people, make time to try it. It might be stressful at first but you won't regret it. I met some great people tonight. I look forward to the next time.

If you live in the Las Cruces area, go check out Las Cruces Cigar Company. They will be happy to have you. Take care and smoke on.
-Chief

No comments: